An Evaluation of the Markets for Certain Sterols in the United States
The study answers the following questions:
- What is the current and future size of the market for beta-sitosterol (BSS), androstenedione (AD), and androstadiendione (ADD) individually?
- What are the current and anticipated end uses for these products?
- Who are the specific end users? Volume required by each major end user?
- What are the alternatives to BSS, AD, and ADD? What are the precursors of the alternatives? How are they being manufactured? Produced in-house by end users?
- What are the technical specifications of BSS, AD, and ADD? Purity? Absence of specific contaminants?
- What is the pricing and structure? Grade tied to price?
- What is the market dynamics? Tied to the economic cycle? Periodic purchases from outside suppliers?
- How are the products moved? Drums? Bags? Dry form?
- Is the market accessible to a new manufacturer in Canada? What market share?