An Evaluation of PEA vs PBA Gasoline Additives
The study addresses the following points:
- Performance differences - PEAs vs PBAs -- in general, and with respect to controlling and/or reducing combustion chamber deposits and resultant engine performance.
- Price differences - PEAs vs. PBAs -- and effect on cost per gallon of gasoline. Also, cost/performance comparisons between the two classes of additives.
- Factors affecting long term growth of PEA vs PBA -- foreign and domestic.
- Demand elasticity - if prices for PEA-based additives could be reduced, would overall demand improve in gasoline?
- Technology - is this a "high-tech" business? What are the primary barriers to entry into the PEA and/or PBA-based additives business?